The following GYN services offered in our Columbia, SC office are annual exams, birth control (Essure, Depo-Provera, IUDs, Implanon) abnormal vaginal bleeding, and management of uterine fibroids, abnormal pap smears and symptoms of menopause.
Columbia, SC office procedures include colposcopies, LEEPs (management of abnormal paps), endometrial biopsies, endometrial ablations (treatment of abnormal vaginal bleeding and alternatives to hysterectomy). In-hospital, GYN procedures include diagnostic laparoscopies, abdominal-, vaginal-, and laparoscopic-assisted hysterectomies, cone biopsies, dilation and curettage (D&C), and many other procedures.
Essure is a proven permanent birth control procedure that works with your body to create a natural barrier against pregnancy. This gentle, non-surgical procedure can be performed in the comfort of our office in minutes. Unlike some forms of birth control, Essure blocks the egg and sperm form meeting, so conception never occurs. Essure offers women what NO other birth control ever has:
- No surgery, burning or anesthesia
- No hormones
- No slowing down to recover
- Short 10 minute procedure
- Peace of mind-your doctor can confirm when you can rely on Essure for birth control
- The most effective form of permanent birth control available
- Trusted by hundreds of thousands of women and their doctors for more than five years
AND you’ll never have to worry about unplanned pregnancy again.
If you’ve been reluctant to talk to your friends or your doctor about your heavy periods, you may not realize how common they are – or that you don’t have to accept the limits heavy periods can put on your lifestyle. One effective treatment for heavy periods is a global endometrial ablation (GEA) procedure called GYNECARE THERMACHOICE® Uterine Balloon Therapy System. GYNECARE THERMACHOICE® is an effective, nonhormonal, permanent treatment for heavy periods. It involves a minimally invasive, 8-minute procedure that can be performed in our Columbia, SC office or in a hospital.
Studies have shown that:
- 95% of women treated with GYNECARE THERMACHOICE® returned to normal levels of menstrual bleeding or lower
- 89% of patients had a reduction of menstrual pain and cramping
- 96% of patients reported satisfaction with GYNECARE THERMACHOICE® III
You don’t have to live with heavy periods. Make your appointment with Dr. Pridgen to see if Thermachoice is right for you.
Click here for more information on Thermachoice.